Tuesday, November 1, 2011



I love our homebred horses! ( and my boarders!!) Forrest has decided that he would like to train Jess to drive, and we are well on our way. Jess is a feisty and spirited Paso, but she is also very sensible and level headed, and is used to all the funny things we humans like to do with our horses. She took to the harness like she had always worn one ( didn't even cringe at the crupper! ) and Forrest is happily ground driving her around. In our lessons this week we will progress to having her feel some weight being pulled behind her, from there we will get her to drag a tire around, we'll put make-shift shafts on her and go from there. Before too long we'll get to see Forrest and Jess driving the cart around the farm. Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love it! Jess is very level headed. I still remember the time I was cleaning her stall and Rachel ahd her tied outside with two ropes with Ruby's too big halter. I thought she might be escaping, and turns out I was right! Jess had two ropes untied already and looked at me like "Awwww, you ruined my fun!". I'm happy to hear Forrest has taken this on! Can't wait to see more pictures!
    (P.S It's Kaitlyn dropping by.)

    ReplyDelete